True Blue

True Blue
Most people involved in the painting challenge that I am participating in have heard that it is a good idea to have a theme to work from as we attempt to produce art for 30 days straight. I would agree that it is really helpful and will get me moving when I might otherwise be stuck. 

Similarly, Philippians 4:8 gives a list of things to think about, a theme, with 'whatever' being the first word of each phrase. It is a collection of eight words , and I have, in the past, used these words as a framework to hang my thoughts on during a span of a couple of weeks. It is great to have a thought ready at hand when I may otherwise be tempted to worry or pursue worthless things. 

Whatever is true. The tricky thing is, as we have tragically seen in the last day or so, some believe things to be true that are not true. Some would argue that there is no such thing as 'true'. 

I thought about the many expressions that are familiar using the word true: true love, yours truly, true colors, true north, the truth will set you free, true to my word, true to form, dream come true, hold a true course, straight and true, true blue...

Philippians 4:8 (New American Standard Bible)
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

8 x 10 on canvas, sides painted black


Comments