Abstract 019

Abstract 019
Today I was thinking about how glad I am that snow is white! Well - basically white. I just imagine how tired I would be of snow in any other color (as if I didn't already feel that way at times!)

One of the most beautiful things about snow is that it reflects SO MUCH COLOR from everything else. It sparkles and suggests and shines. (And blows and drifts and freezes, but that is not my thought here.) My front yard had long periwinkle shadows covering it this morning, and the back yard had cool yellow highlights. I love the complexity of the color, the science behind why it is so beautiful, and most of all, the Creator Who designed a world for us that is endlessly interesting and splendid!

Job 38:22 (New American Standard Bible)
“Have you entered the storehouses of the snow,
Or have you seen the storehouses of the hail?"


No longer available

detail 1
 

Comments