Revelation II

Revelation II
This painting has come about somewhat slowly, and it looks nothing like it did in the beginning. It began with neutral shapes and shading in Unbleached Titanium, Titanium White, and Payne's Gray. It was a calm and pleasing start, though my focal point was too near the center. 

I returned to my reading in the New Testament book of Revelation today, and again I was trying to imagine what John, the author, was seeing. It can sure be challenging in this book of the Bible, and it is not always pleasant! However, looking at the progress in my painting, I could not help but think of the verses at the beginning of the chapter. 

Revelation 10:1-2 (New American Standard Bible)
I saw another strong angel coming down out of heaven, clothed with a cloud; and the rainbow was upon his head, and his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire; and he had in his hand a little book which was open. He placed his right foot on the sea and his left on the land

11" x 14" on watercolor paper
iridescent accents
ready to frame

Comments