Revelation

Revelation
There is something about finishing a painting that I really love that is so joyful! I get so excited for my husband to come home to see it, and I hope others like it as well as I do. 

In my current Bible reading, I have reached the New Testament book of Revelation. I must admit it is not a favorite book for me - particularly the descriptions of some of the coming wrath. However, I do love the pictures we get of GOD and the LAMB. I love to try to imagine what heaven must be like, and especially how my Most Beloved looks! 

This painting comes about from contemplating Revelation 4:1-4. I have tried to imagine the One on the throne surrounded by so many, and so beautiful and awesome. 

Revelation 4:1-4 (New American Standard Bible) After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things.” Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne was standing in heaven, and One sitting on the throne. And He who was sitting was like a jasper stone and a sardius in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, like an emerald in appearance. 4 Around the throne were twenty-four thrones; and upon the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white garments, and golden crowns on their heads.


The painting is heavily textured and has copper and silver accents. 

SOLD
20" x 16" acrylic on watercolor paper

 

Comments