I Will Arise

I Will Arise
I Will Arise is a beautiful older hymn, sometimes titled Come Ye Sinners. (Click here to hear a version of it that is creatively recorded.) I especially love the refrain of the song. 


10 x 10"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper, mounted on cradled panel

Click here to purchase from my website.

I don't often do red paintings, and this was a great chance for me to work on color and composition during this 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. I really love the focus of painting every day, and the freedom to work on things that are less familiar to me. 

This painting feels quite emotional to me, and feels like it fits this hymn well. I hope you enjoy it. 

Come, ye sinners, poor and needy,
Weak and wounded, sick and sore;
Jesus ready stands to save you,
Full of pity, love and pow’r.

Refrain:
I will arise and go to Jesus,
He will embrace me in His arms;
In the arms of my dear Savior,
Oh, there are ten thousand charms.

Come, ye thirsty, come, and welcome,
God’s free bounty glorify;
True belief and true repentance,
Every grace that brings you nigh.

Come, ye weary, heavy-laden,
Lost and ruined by the fall;
If you tarry till you’re better,
You will never come at all.

*Winner of the May 2019 BoldBrush Award for Abstract

Comments