Amazed

Amazed
Yesterday was a difficult day around here, and it definitely showed up in my painting. I struggled with that painting until evening, and even then was not really happy with it. 

Today I went to the studio, just needing to paint and come up with something I found acceptable. I needed to put the clutter and noise of 'failure' out of my head and start fresh. I needed to focus on the simple love of painting, blending, and watch the painting happen. (My Beloved Husband and I talked this morning about setting aside the distractions of the business side of painting, and just painting for the love of it.)



NLA
11" x 11"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper, mounted on cradled panel

Click here to view on my website.

Also this morning, my son and I 'talked' (thank Goodness for technology!) a little about silencing the clutter and noise of life to listen for the Heavenly Father. I love that kind of discussion, especially with my kids! This song came to my mind during that discussion. I am not sure it can really be called a hymn - it is more of a worship song, I guess, but I love the open, un-busy sounds and repetition of the most important words in the song. I think my painting for today is uncluttered, un-busy, and peaceful - both in the joy of painting it, and in the love of my Heavenly Father. 

Amazed (click title to listen)
You dance over me
While I am unaware
You sing all around
But I never hear the sound

Lord I'm amazed by you
Lord I'm amazed by you
Lord I'm amazed by you
How you love me

How wide
How deep
How great
Is Your love for me
Songwriters: Aimee Mayo / Chris Lindsey / Marv Green
Amazed lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group, Round Hill Music Big Loud Songs, Reservoir Media Management Inc

Zephaniah 3:17 (HCSB)
"Yahweh your God is among you,
a warrior who saves.
He will rejoice over you with gladness.
He will bring you quietness with His love.
He will delight in you with shouts of joy.”

Comments

Post a Comment