Blessing

Blessing
Today has been such a gorgeous day in northern Indiana! The sun is actually out where I can see it, and it is warm enough to walk outside in a light jacket. Ahh, bliss! Recently, though, we have been inundated with rain, and there are areas near me that are flooded disaster areas. Water levels are high all around, and our pasture and path to the woods is under water. 

Yesterday in church, a 9 year old boy requested that we sing Showers of Blessing. I had to smile and, I must admit, I leaned over to whisper to my Beloved Husband that I was sure it was because of the rain. (The grin on that 9 year old face seemed to suggest that we had hit that nail on the head.)

11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame


When it comes to hymns about blessing, though, I prefer the hymn Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. To me, the music feels like it appeals in the beginning of the verses, and rises to a longing prayer later in the song, and I love that! 

(Click here for a Celtic instrumental version of this hymn tune.)

Come Thou Fount
Come, thou Fount of every blessing,
tune my heart to sing thy grace;
streams of mercy, never ceasing,
call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount I'm fixed upon it
mount of God's redeeming love.

Here I find my greatest treasure;
hither by thy help I've come;
and I hope, by thy good pleasure,
safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
wandering from the fold of God;
he, to rescue me from danger,
bought me with his precious blood.

Oh, to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee:
prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it;
seal it for thy courts above. 

And I will leave you with some photos from my walk today in this gorgeous almost-spring!




Comments

  1. Brenda - I love the colors and shapes you have developed! Lovely.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, green in hope of the green of spring to come! I love that song, too, the third verse is truth, I am prone to wander but not so far as I get older. Maybe old sheep learn to stick with the Shepherd.
    P. S. As a child I used to request "Lord Dismiss Us With Thy Blessing" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree, on all counts! Except sometimes I suspect my heart wanders just as much as ever...

      Delete

Post a Comment