Home Free

"Your pictures about home," my dear friend wrote to me in an email, "... I am homesick for something--I don't know what." Oh, isn't that the truth!? To be honest, I had not even realized that home was a recent recurring theme in my work before I got her email. 

12" x 12"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

I have spent a little time this morning looking back at some of my posts about home, and gracious! there are a lot of them! You know (since I have told you many times before) that I consider myself an introvert, and maybe that is part of the reason that home is so important to me. Not that it is unimportant to anyone, (see another blog post about home here) but it is sure a recurring theme with me.

As I looked at and thought about this painting, the words Home Free kept coming to me, along with an old song by artist Wayne Watson. Here are some of the lyrics from the middle of that song:

"I know every prayer gets answered
But the hardest one to pray is slow to come
Oh Lord, not mine, but Thy will be done

Let it be

Home free, eventually
At the ultimate healing
We will be home free"

Home Free. As kids, that phrase was important when we played tag or kickball. It meant we had reached safety. I am not sure, but maybe the homesickness my friend (and I) feels is longing to be Home Free. 

John 14:1 - 3 (Amplified Bible) Do not let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me. In My Father’s house there are many dwelling places (homes). If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you. And when (if) I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also.

Comments