Home

Home
Home. Such a huge concept! My real life takes place here, at home. The things that really matter most to me, that give me reason to go out of my home - they happen here. The depths of my character and the characters of those I love are shaped first and most at HOME

Bigger than the building where my family and I live, and maybe bigger than the life that happens here, is the sense of belonging that is home. That sense seems to be nurtured and formed in the family, wherever one lives. If it is lacking, the hole is very deep where home belongs. We all know that it should be there, whether it is or not. 

I love that Jesus promises us HOME when we believe in HIM. HE could have promised us so many things - and HE did - but I especially love that HE promises me HIS own home. I will be there. My real life will be there and my Love, my LORD will be there. I will belong. 

Oh my friend, don't miss out! That hole that just doesn't seem to ever be filled - it can be brought home where there is acceptance, love, depth, meaning, reality. Jesus said HE is the way. Ask HIM to take you home!

John 14:1 - 6 (Amplified Bible) 1 Do not let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me. 2 In My Father’s house there are many dwelling places (homes). If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you. 3 And when (if) I go and make ready a place for you, I will come back again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also. 4 And [to the place] where I am going, you know the way. 5 Thomas said to Him, Lord, we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way? 6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.


6" x 11" acrylic on panel



Comments