Road Lilies

Road Lilies
Several years ago, my Beloved Husband stopped with me by a train track where there were "road lilies" growing, and he helped me dig some up and transplant them to our property. These orange lilies grow wild near the road, presumably wherever they are not mowed off. I always look forward to seeing them around this time of year. 

Well, the lilies we transplanted have spread a little bit and are blooming enthusiastically right now, and I love seeing them at our house. My BH is careful not to mow them off when he mows the pasture area. 

The shape of these flowers has been so intriguing to me this year. The graceful, long stems above the leaves, and the oval/triangle shapes of the blooms themselves keep me watching them during their short blooming season. 


6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame

Occasionally a painting will almost paint itself in my mind before I ever get near a paintbrush, and this is one of those paintings. Each colored stripe indicates part of the landscape near our home. Interestingly, when I added the very thin blue "pond" right below the "barn", the whole painting just came together. 

After spending quite a while painting my Psalm 23 series, it was fun to completely change my approach for this painting! I would call it almost representational, wouldn't you? 

Comments