A Prayer For Peace

A Prayer For Peace
Often, part of the process of making a painting is working out color choices and composition, and just "practicing" or resolving how the paint will act and interact on the canvas. So today I am releasing a study (which is essentially a daily painting) that is part of the preparation for a larger work currently on my easel. With this smaller work, I am focused on the same thoughts and direction as on the large painting I am working on. 

11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

The painting on my easel is based on Philippians 4:5-7 "Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near.  Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." This passage from the New Testament has been so important to my thinking lately, and I wanted to paint it. The large work is complex already and is taking a lot of concentration and work, just like it is taking concentration and work for my mind to pray and then accept the peace of God. 

In today's painting, I was considering a world that feels upside down at times. Iridescent accents (that show up when the painting is in good lighting) remind me that the Lord is near, as the verse says. And the colors were chosen from a larger number of greens and blues for the way they interact and are harmonious with each other. 

So my prayer is for world peace, yes, and for healing, but it is also for the personal peace from God which comes from actively interacting with Him. Since He loves me (amazing!) and has told me He will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus, I will be praying even more in these days. 


Comments