Overflow

Overflow
Last night another painting of mine sold via my website. I am so excited about it! This makes several paintings in the last two months, and I am just overwhelmed with thankfulness. The first four months of this year were so slow, and many show and exhibition opportunities have been cancelled, so it is so encouraging to have sales again.

It reminds me of 

Psalm 23:5b You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 

My cup is overflowing with blessing from my Heavenly Father, and with gratitude to Him. I want to be clear - I was blessed by Him before I sold anything this year, too. But what delight to find that my work, that comes from my heart, speaks to someone else. It means more than you know!




6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame

As I have mentioned, I have really taken pleasure in this series from Psalm 23. I was surprised how much I have enjoyed this particular split complement color palette. I have loved discovering the nuanced colors from only four colors of paint, and the practice with different traditional compositions. And finding ways to express concepts from the psalm with abstract paintings has been mentally stimulating, too. This "curves composition" painting might be my favorite in the whole group, and I like the way that I see overflow in it. 


And now (drum roll please!) here is a collage of the entire group of paintings from this series on Psalm 23. I have been so excited to show you the whole thing. 

Psalm 23

Comments