Roses - Vintage Collection

Roses, 2015 - Vintage Collection
Roses, 2015 – Vintage Collection

I have noticed that quite a few of my Vintage Collection paintings have circles – or at least the abstract version of circles – in them. When I see them grouped together like they are on my website, it is very noticeable. I am ok with this, actually. It is fun to see them show up this way. 

Roses has been a very popular painting, has won some awards, and it has a few fans that are especially fond of it. I would guess that it is at least partly because it is more recognizable than some of my work. I am currently in NC at an art event where I will be taking a workshop by a nationally known instructor on painting abstract flowers. It will sure be fun to learn more in this setting!


Sold
36" x 48"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on gallery wrapped canvas, framed in simple frame
Click here to view on my website.


Since I am exhausted, and I still want to leave you with something beautiful to think about, I am including a quote from Luci Swindoll, one of my favorite authors:


"I have consciously sought after those things which make for value, order, richness, spirit and wonder, even though I am often unable to verbalize what I feel when I perceive something beautiful. Sometimes it's a pang or a sensation; at other times it is an awareness of joy and security or pure pleasure. In any event, it is a moment to be celebrated. Beauty justifies itself. The fact that it is beyond definition means nothing."
 Luci Swindoll, You Bring the Confetti, God Brings the Joy

Comments