Last Supper, another look

Last Supper

Vintage things are popular these days, aren’t they? I know several people who furnish their living spaces with antiques and thrift store finds, and as a matter of fact, I have quite a few well-loved things myself. (My Beloved Husband and I love to go to antique stores when we have the chance, and we each have things we look for. I collect pillbox style hats, and he seeks out the antique automobile hood ornaments. We also have a particular set of dinnerware that we keep our eyes open for.) 

Since we will be traveling a few times over the next little while, I have decided that I will post some of my favorite older works that have new stories, or just haven’t been seen much. Consider this my Vintage Collection of work for now!

Last Supper, 2017, has long been one of my favorites, and as I reread the original blog post for it today, I thought, “That was really good. I remember that day well…” 

A year or two ago at an open house event at my home and studio, a young girl saw this piece displayed at her eye level, and her grandma told her the name of the painting. She replied, “Well, it must not have been a very good supper. Maybe soup.” Ha ha! That did make me chuckle! 

Sold
30" x 30"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas
Click here to view on my website.

Last Supper has purple and gold, with some green and dark teal accents, and the original story can be found in this blog post:Last Supper original blog post

Luke 22:14-18 "When the hour had come, He reclined at the table, and the apostles with Him.  And He said to them, “I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; for I say to you, I shall never again eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.” And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He said, “Take this and share it among yourselves; for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes.” 

Comments