Abstract 004 - Vintage Collection

Abstract 004, 2013
Abstract 004, 2013 – Vintage Collection

Today is the day I leave for Art of the Carolinas in Raleigh, North Carolina! I hope it is a great experience, like it was the last time I was there. My Beloved Husband had taken me to AotC for my birthday, and I experienced workshops by nationally known presenters, demos by product reps, interaction with MANY artists, and great prices on art supplies! This year I have a list of items I already have as well as lists of things I want and things I want to try, and I am signed up for new workshops on drawing, underpainting, negative painting, and florals. I am excited about the things I will be learning. 

20" x 26", 27” x 32.5” framed
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Framed
Click here to purchase via my website.

Abstract 004 is a painting I did in a workshop setting last time I was at AotC. I have to admit, though, I couldn’t quite capture what I was supposed to be learning, and eventually I just started painting! (As an aside, another student came to my workspace, looked at my painting, and said, "Oh no! Did you spill on it? It has splashes on it!" Ha ha! Nope, I meant to do that!) This is my only abstract painting that is framed in natural wood with a mat and glass. I have learned since those early classes that this is not my style of framing,  but this painting looks nice framed this way and the painting will be sold with the frame and glass. 

I would love to write a lot more, but am finishing packing my suitcase and art supplies, so I better go! I will post when I can along the way. 

Coram Deo.

Comments