Replacement Jasper

Replacement Jasper

I have spent a couple of days preparing for a trip to Art of the Carolinas, where I plan to take some workshops, and purchase lots of art supplies at great prices. (Who else plans to be there?) After lots of schedule manipulating, brush cleaning, and tool packing, I had a little time for actual painting... One of the paintings I worked on today was the second replacement for my grouping of stone paintings representing the foundation of the New Jerusalem, found in Revelation in the New Testament. The stone I repainted today was jasper. 

Sold
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame



As I did when I first worked on the series of stone paintings, I looked at a photo of jasper stones to try to give an impression of this stone in a abstract painting. I also wanted to have a connection with the other jasper painting I did. 

Here is the passage in the Bible I am working from:

Revelation 21:19 - 21 (HCSB) The foundations of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone:

the first foundation jasper,

Hanging grouping of the foundation stones series
the second sapphire,
the third chalcedony,
the fourth emerald,
20 the fifth sardonyx,
the sixth carnelian,(sardius)
the seventh chrysolite,
the eighth beryl,
the ninth topaz,
the tenth chrysoprase,
the eleventh jacinth,
the twelfth amethyst.
21 The 12 gates are 12 pearls; each individual gate was made of a single pearl. The broad street of the city 
was pure gold, like transparent glass.


Comments