Be Not Dismayed - Vintage Collection

Be Not Dismayed, 2018
Be Not Dismayed, 2018, Vintage Collection

The title for this painting is a phrase from the song God Will Take Care of You. It brings back memories from childhood as well as from my young adult years, and has a gentle, rocking melody that seems to offer comfort musically, as well as comforting lyrics. 

SOLD
30" x 22"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.

Yesterday, an Amish family near our home lost their two young children to a farm accident. They were run over by a truck driven by a 23 year old driver. My heart breaks for these people. I was up quite a bit last night praying for all of them. I wanted to paint something in response, but have not been able to do that today. But I did think of this painting from 2018. 

I am facing something that I find very frightening, too. It is a minor medical procedure that will probably amount to very little, but I find that I am struggling with it. It reminds me of this original blog post about this painting. I really hate finding myself to be fearful so often! Yet, I do know the best way to respond to this fear is to take it to my Heavenly Father who will take care of me. (Click on the original blog post to find a link to the song about all of this.)

I love this verse from the first time I posted this painting.
Psalm 94:19 
When I am filled with cares,
Your comfort brings me joy.

Comments