Provision - Vintage Collection

Provision, 2017
Provision, 2017, Vintage Collection

 Last night was a night I had been looking forward to for quite a while. I had some paintings in a benefit art auction, and my Beloved Husband and I were in attendance. As it turned out, several friends were there too. It was a fancy, delightful evening, and the auction was a success. When my large painting came up to be sold, the auctioneer asked me which verse of scripture I had in mind when I painted it. I couldn’t quite remember, and answered, “Mark 8:20”, and the auctioneer mentioned it was where Jesus invited the little children to come to Him. 

SOLD

30" x 30" painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5" deep, gallery wrapped  canvas

Click here to view on my website


We had a beautiful morning today, which allowed me to take photos of several older paintings outside in full sun. It is an opportunity that I need to take advantage of, since winter in northern Indiana is usually very cloudy. I actually really enjoyed revisiting older work and running in and out of the house with paintings and camera in hand. 


My Beloved Husband and me at the art auction
So this morning, I decided to look at what was in Mark 8:20. “When I broke the seven for the four thousand, how many large baskets full of broken pieces did you pick up?” And they said to Him, “Seven.”  This was in a section where Jesus was talking to His disciples about His providing food for the multitudes during His time on earth. This verse is NOT the right one* for the painting that sold, but it does remind me of this painting, Provision, from 2017. I remember discussing with my Dad (many years ago) what the reason was for Jesus having His disciples pick up the leftovers when He fed the multitudes. I also was thinking of His provision for some of our current needs. I am so thankful that He is more than able to cover whatever we need!

Click here for original posting about this painting.

*The right reference for the painting that sold last night is Mark 10:13 - 16 HCSB Some people were bringing little children to Him so He might touch them, but His disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw it, He was indignant and said to them, “Let the little children come to Me. Don’t stop them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I assure you: Whoever does not welcome the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” After taking them in His arms, He laid His hands on them and blessed them.

Comments