One Heart

One Heart

Lately, I have discovered that my mind is very, very divided. I would love to think that it is just my thoughts, but I suspect that my heart - my soul - is somewhat divided too. Of course, we all are divided when it comes to our time and energies, but our hearts... 



10.5" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper, including iridescent and interference colors and lots of texture
Ready to frame
Click here to view on my website

For the last few months, I have worried about things to the point where I am "chewing" them, mentally, almost all of the time. This reminds me of the expression of a dog "worrying" a bone. From finances to responsibilities, loved ones to business plans, fellowship to time commitments, the thoughts become almost ragged with my working them over and over. 

The thing is, my Bible tells me NOT to worry. Over and over! For example: 
Philippians 4:6-7, 
1 Peter 5:7, 
Matthew 6:25-27, 34, 
Psalm 56:3 to mention just a few places. 

Have you noticed that it is much easier to choose to DO something than to choose NOT to do something? So I think a good practice for me to follow would be to focus on what I CAN think about instead of trying not to worry, don't you agree? I want my heart and mind to be focused on my Heavenly Father instead of all of these worries. After all, in all of my years following Him, He has never ONE TIME failed me. He has never put me out of His mind. Psalm 139 

So, I am asking Him to give me One Heart.

Jeremiah 32:38 They will be My people, and I will be their God. I will give them one heart and one way so that for their good and for the good of their descendants after them, they will fear Me always. “I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never turn away from doing good to them, and I will put fear of Me in their hearts so they will never again turn away from Me. I will take delight in them to do what is good for them, and with all My heart and mind I will faithfully plant them in this land."

Ezekiel 11:19-20 And I will give them one heart and put a new spirit within them; I will remove their heart of stone from their bodies and give them a heart of flesh, so they may follow My statutes, keep My ordinances, and practice them. Then they will be My people, and I will be their God. 

Coram Deo.

Comments