From the Heart

From the Heart
The last morning I was in Michigan after attending the Calvin Symposium on Worship, my daughter and I joined a worship service with the class that came up from Dallas Theological Seminary. Though we were late, the group welcomed us and made room for us at the table. The 'service' was primarily a time of sharing, and was led by a musician that you probably have in your playlist. It was a group of about 15 people, and those who shared were humble and vulnerable, sharing from their hearts. The first song that I was part of in that setting was Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, led tenderly on guitar by the musician I mentioned. 

If you recall from my post on the painting Doxology, the music that week moved me deeply. This time was no different. I had a tough time producing a voice through tears - tears of response. Also, once again, the message came through that EVERY GIFT comes from my Heavenly Father who loves me, and is the Fount of every blessing. 


22" x 30"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to purchase from my website. 

This painting has been on my easel, in progress literally for months. The layers and texturing have showed up over time. Each stage has had it's beauty, and as always, I hesitate to move on with it until I have some direction. After returning from the Symposium, I knew what I wanted to do with this work. It looks so simple - humble. It is a tender reminder to me of the loves in my life that are good gifts from my Good Father. 

One of my responses when I got home was to Google that musician, and I found an interview where he said that songwriting, for him, is a response to reading the Bible, then studying it and trying to live by it, and then "suddenly" the song is written. That is SO MUCH like my painting experience! I read, study, soak in the words of my Heavenly Father, and try to live them out. And then, once in a while - BOOM ;) - there is the painting. The work is still continuing daily, and my practice and skills are still in constant development, but I love it when the painting shows up! 

James 1:17 (HCSB) Every generous act and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights; with Him there is no variation or shadow cast by turning.

Comments

Post a Comment