Near the Brokenhearted

Near the Brokenhearted
Today was my first day back in the studio after my most recent trip. I got several paintings started after getting the first couple of layers painted on my New Every Morning series painting. While that one just isn't finished yet, this one that I was working on between layers came together unexpectedly and expressed what has been heavy on my heart for the last two days. I have a dear friend whose heart is just breaking. I have been praying for her and will continue to pray, but I had not really expected to see it so clearly portrayed in one of the paintings I worked on today.

Sold
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.

The tears that drop across the red shape are iridescent silver. This particular silver medium is one my son got me for Christmas a few years ago - a real surprise to me! I didn't know he knew how and where to find good quality art materials. It is a particularly delicate silver, in my opinion. I feel like it expresses the tears in one's heart very well. 

Two verses have been coming to mind with this one. 

Psalm 56:8 (NLT) You keep track of all my sorrows.You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.

Psalm 34:18 (NLT) The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

Comments

Post a Comment