Heartfelt

Heartfelt
Ezekiel 36:26 "And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."

I am starting this post with part of the Old Testament passage that I left off with in my last post. This section of the book seems to have caught my attention each time I have read through it, judging from the many colored marks in my Bible. (I try to choose a different colored pencil each time I start through the Bible again, though I do sometimes forget.) 

God promises to switch out the dead, stony heart (behavior and belief) of the people for a living heart, and I love that! A living heart is one that is responsive and can be in relationship with the personal God instead of just following rules. And this living heart and relationship is why, in my last post, I wrote about reading God's word and spending time interacting with Him. It is because He has given me a heart for relationship with Him, not only rules and regulations. 


9" x 12"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on canvas panel
Ready to frame

Click here to purchase via my website. 

"Do you like the red painting?" "Yes... the focal point is in the wrong place. It's not following the rules." My Beloved Husband probably didn't even know the words 'focal point' before he married me. He is a hands-on, practical, mechanically inclined man, and I don't think art ever really crossed his mind much back then. But years of living with an artist, having paintings covering his living space, and hearing my feedback and critiques of artwork that I study has rubbed off. He can evaluate technique and composition with the best of them. 

But sometimes, I paint with emotion and interact with the substrate and media in an intuitive way that doesn't follow the rules. It evokes feelings and appeals to the viewer even though it doesn't follow a formula. My painting responds to me, the artist, and takes its direction from its creator. And in the case of my paintings, it sometimes comes out looking fabulous and causing the viewer to feel what I feel. (Maybe after I have been painting for 40 more years, they will always work that way!) Sometimes those are my strongest paintings.

I want my living heart to be responding to my Creator, the Great Artist, instead of only a set of rules. I want to make those who see me feel what my Creator feels. I want to be His "work of heart". 

Comments