This Time Before Winter

This Time Before Winter
Autumn is such a beautiful season here where the leaves change color, and so does the sky. The air is crisp and the texture of the grasses and bony arms of the trees spur imagination! It feels so short, to me, this time before winter. I try to pack in outdoor walks and time in our woods before the trail is covered in snow or (even worse) slushy water. Is it my favorite season? I don't know. 

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.

Have you noticed there seems to be an expectancy, almost a teetering-on-the-edge feeling in the autumn? Or maybe it is just me. And somehow, at least this year, it seems much bigger than just "will it be a tough winter?" or "Christmas is right around the corner". 

Interestingly, my Bible reading has been in the Old Testament book of Isaiah, and at night, my Beloved Husband and I have been reading in the New Testament book of Revelation. In both of these places, we have come upon passages that talk about eternity. I wonder if these thoughts of eternity have combined with my autumnal mood. One thing I can say with certainty: I wait with teetering-on-the-edge expectancy for the time I will be with my Savior, Jesus Christ. 

John 14:1-3 “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."

Comments