Harvest

Harvest
I guess seasons could be a unifying theme to my thoughts today. My Beloved Husband is helping our friend with the harvest - playing is how he looks at it. But we have a family member who is a diesel mechanic, and I think that he wishes there were three of himself during this time of year, when he is called on to keep the farmers' tractors running AND harvest his own crops! And he and his wife just had a baby, just to keep life interesting. This season of life will pass him by more quickly than he can imagine. 

8" x 8"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

Click here to see on my website.


To my surprise, one of the passages I read in my Bible this morning seems to speak to these things, too. I had focused on the juxtaposition of light and dark in the verses, but joy, harvest, and 'multiplying the nation' are in there too! I do think this little painting suggests both the light and dark contrast as well as the joy of harvest. 

Isaiah 9:2-3
The people who walked in darkness
    have seen a great light;
those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness,
    on them has light shone.
You have multiplied the nation;
    you have increased its joy;
they rejoice before you
    as with joy at the harvest,
as they are glad when they divide the spoil.


Comments