All Things New II

All Things New II

With two kids in seminary, (Stichterminarians, as they call themselves!) I am getting lots of opportunities to rethink things that I think I know. I am being constantly encouraged to return to the Bible to research whether my beliefs are founded there, or are sort of just a traditional belief. I actually love that! I love having to think critically about things, and see whether they logically and theologically are sound. I love the research and wrestling with thoughts that are huge. 

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.


Revelation 21:4-5 (ESV) He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” 

Eschatology (es·cha·tol·o·gy ˌeskəˈtäləjē, noun,the part of theology concerned with death, judgment, and the final destiny of the soul and of humankind) is an area that is often open for discussion. I studied it when I was in college, and have occasionally reexamined my views since then. With all of the study, I am thankful for relatively simple concepts, like this one which reminds me that someday, my GOD Who loves me will wipe away my tears and pain, and I will be made new in His presence. 

Comments