Morning Prayer

Morning Prayer
This weekend, my Beloved Husband took me out for breakfast, but we had to drive separately so that he could go on to 'play farmer' and I could return home to paint. So he turned out of the driveway ahead of me, then it was my turn to join the traffic and point toward town. As I turned out from our tree lined drive, I saw the magnificent sky. Oh my goodness! The colors of the sunrise, the shapes and movement of the scattered clouds, the blues and whites and grays... I nearly drove right off the road because I was so distracted by the beauty of the sky. (Not the first time I have been that distracted, I must admit.) 

It was so pleasant to spend the time with my BH. He works early most days, so it is uncommon for us to have that kind of morning. I returned home and headed right to my chair where I regularly read my Bible and meet with my Heavenly Father. Color and quiet joy were on my mind as I opened to the Old Testament book of Isaiah. 

Isaiah 12:4 “Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted."


24" x 30"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

Click here to purchase from my website.

This painting is not a representation of the sky I saw as much as it is a representation of the emotion and response to the beauty of the morning, and the beauty of my time reading the Bible and praying. The book of Isaiah has some really tough parts, but I arrived at the beautiful, poetic chapter 12, and it continued my celebration! 

Is 12:5 “Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth."

Comments