Peace Be Still

Peace Be Still
"He needs a tool I have in my van," said my Beloved Husband as he checked his schedule with mine this morning. He has been loving the opportunity to help his friend with the harvest this year, and I love that he can do it! They have been rained out a few times, and I would guess that it is not uncommon to have rainy days when it is time to get the crops in, but since we are not farmers, I rarely pay a lot of attention to how many days it rains. In fact, I love rainy days. 

As we were looking at our weather apps on our phones this morning, though, to check whether it was supposed to rain today, I scrolled past a couple of videos showing damage from the hurricanes that have hit the United States this fall. Wow. Such extreme devastation. 

NLA
6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.

Mark 4:39 “And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.”

This verse from Mark is so helpful for me when I find myself going through difficult times - storms, one might call them. Sometimes the storms are not too bad. They are more like blustery, rainy days. But even when I am facing 'hurricanes' with extreme devastation, my trust is in Jesus. And He says the same thing to me that He said to the wind and waves - "Peace! Be still!"

Comments