Revisiting Overflowing Hope

Overflowing Hope
I am revisiting an older painting today while I work on bigger paintings in my studio, and prepare for three (!) upcoming events. Overflowing Hope has been a favorite for a long time. I painted it in 2013 when I was learning so many new techniques, composition concepts, and color combinations. I was less aware, at that point, how my thoughts could sometimes just "magically" appear when I was painting. (And to tell the truth, I suspect it happened less frequently then because my learning curve was so steep!) 

SOLD
24" x 36"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on hand-made, prepared wood panel
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website. 


Romans 15:13 (AMP) May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope.

Some things are still meaningful to me about this painting (I would hope so!) such as the cruciform (cross-shaped) composition. I often start out with this composition in my work because my life is built on the salvation that was bought for me on Jesus' cross. This shape is a reminder to me as I work, and maybe it whispers a message to people who see it, too. It is my foundation and my hope. 

Another part of this painting that speaks is the 'bubbles' that are spilling over the shapes underneath them. I find them joyous and hopeful, and I like the abundance that just shows up all over this work. 

Do you see anything in this painting that makes you think of overflowing hope?

Comments