All Things New

All Things New
It's a wonderful problem to have, really. I have had to scramble a couple of times lately to make sure I have some paintings to replace works that have sold from the current exhibit of my work that is hanging at 'the gallery at rua' in Warsaw, IN. I have needed to find the right shape and size to fill particular spots, and it has caused me to revisit old paintings looking for gems that I may have overlooked. 

This morning, I found some 'new' paintings by reclaiming, cropping, and reworking some of my older paintings that I have loved, but that have not sold. I found that by working with the old, I have been able to come up with something that is just right for what I need - I am making these old paintings new. 


6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

Click here to purchase on my website.

I really love the fact that this process has allowed me to keep the parts that are best from these works, but make the overall painting better. I wonder if that is a picture of what GOD means in this passage when HE says "I am making all things new." 

Revelation 21:4-5 (ESV)  He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” 

I also wonder what people will be when HE makes us new. It will be amazing, won't it, to see what HE reclaims, crops, and reworks to make us into who we should be? 

Coram Deo.

Comments