How Long?

How Long?
I am watching the sky. The colors and patterns and shapes are invigorating, but… There is a hole in the cloud where the bottom seems to be falling through. It made me say Wow, Lord. 

I leaned over in my chair, and saw blazing neon orange crashing through the black tree line. Is it coming? Is the sun coming up? The colors back there behind the woods are spectacular. They seem to promise an immanent sunrise. Now? 

There is a jet stream that is cutting through the thick layer of cloud, and virga is falling from the slash. The color and morning are so much more intense when I step outside. The grass is crispy white and my feet are cold where the holes in my crocs let in the autumn air. Is there going to be a sunrise?? It is just taking too long – this waiting. And what if there is no sunrise?

6" x 6"
Painted with the finest quality acrylic heavy-body paint on Art Bite panel
Ready to frame

Click here to view on my website.

Well, it rose. It rose again today, but it was not splendid. The sun is already behind the clouds and the day is here, but not like I hoped. It is all gray.

Maybe that virga falling from the holes in the clouds is really tears. It is eating away at the edges of the clouds… big bites are appearing along the slash where the tears are falling. 

The sun rose, but it was not what I hoped for. 

The clouds are obscuring it now. 

The tears are dissolving the clouds. 

How long, O Lord?

Psalm 6:2-4 (NASB)
Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am pining away;
Heal me, O Lord, for my bones are dismayed.
And my soul is greatly dismayed;
But You, O Lord—how long?
Return, O Lord, rescue my soul;
Save me because of Your lovingkindness.

Psalm 13:1-3 (HCSB)
Lord, how long will You forget me?
Forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
How long will I store up anxious concerns within me,
agony in my mind every day?
How long will my enemy dominate me?
Consider me and answer, Lord my God.
Restore brightness to my eyes;
otherwise, I will sleep in death.

Comments