True/Faithful (Fruit of the Spirit)

True
I have really been looking forward to today! I am participating (once again) in Leslie Saeta's challenge to paint 30 paintings in 30 days. I hope to combine this with a couple of other projects, and at least FINISH a painting each day. (Maybe not paint the whole thing in one day...)

I have two verses that will be my direction this time around: Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things." and Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. These two important lists should give me plenty to work on! And if I need extra paintings at some point, there is a local garden where I would like to try plein air painting. 


12 x 12 acrylic on cradled panel

Click here to purchase on my website.  

This painting is True. Of course, I think of 'true blue' for starters... the lighter shade reminds me of a woman waiting faithfully - being true to her Love. The gold thin mark is a suggestion of a carpentry plumb line used to keep a building straight and true. 

See you tomorrow!

Part of a group of 9 paintings representing the Fruit of the Spirit
Contact me for pricing for multiples from this group of paintings

Comments