Patience II

Patience II
"You probably shouldn't go today, because you have to do that presentation on Monday. You should probably rest. Will you be ok without me? (kind of wistfully)" My husband has been so very patient dealing with this time of sickness on my part. Since he is VERY extroverted, and I am VERY introverted, it is a good thing that I love staying home and working in my studio. He can go to functions and help friends and so on, knowing I am recovering, and enjoying my painting. But lately, he has had to keep up with housework, groceries, etc since I have mostly been home. He's amazing.

SOLD
Painted with acrylic heavy-body paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper mounted on on hand-made, prepared cradled wood panel

Click here to view on my website

I started this painting yesterday, and was looking forward to finishing it today. However, I did too much to it and messed up the work I did yesterday! So disappointing. So I came back to it over and over, adding layer after layer, and removing paint and laying it in again and again. A great example of patience - though I must admit that is not exactly how I felt about it!

The work is another attempt to work with the theme of looking down into deep water, thinking again of Peter trying to walk on the water to Jesus. I hope you can feel the depth as you look!

Galatians 5:22-23 (New American Standard Bible) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Part of a group of 9 paintings representing the Fruit of the Spirit
Contact me for pricing for multiples from this group of paintings
Fruit of the Spirit

Comments