Honorable/Self Control

Honorable/Self Control
I have already run into snags with my challenge, and with my planned projects. And it is only the SECOND DAY! I am on the second day of Leslie Saeta's painting challenge, and I am having issues with how to make these paintings work well, and I have gotten a bit sick. :( I am seldom sick, and this is really 'throwing a wrench in the monkey works', as someone I know used to say! I sure hope you don't catch it from reading this blog!


12 x 12 acrylic on cradled panel

This second painting in my series is called Honorable. (based on Philippians 4:8) I was thinking yesterday about what things are considered honorable, and my mind went to military persons who have gotten medals and the purple heart. Although I do not know very much about the military, I am so thankful for the service of those who are there to preserve my freedom. 

The white reminds me of the many veterans who are aging, and the honor of white hair, age, and wisdom. The gold circles are a personal symbol of mine that is actually in most all of my paintings, but I have not mentioned it for a while. It represents to me God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, and also my relationship with my GOD. 

Phil. 4:8 (New American Standard Bible) Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. 9 The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

I have included this painting in my Fruit of the Spirit series, because it also represents Self Control. To me, self control is an important part of military life and training. 

Part of a group of 9 paintings representing the Fruit of the Spirit
Contact me for pricing for multiples from this group of paintings
Fruit of the Spirit

Comments