Love (Fruit of the Spirit)

Love (Fruit of the Spirit)
Love is such a huge concept... how can one express love? My choice was to indicate the most unimaginable gift of love in the history of time; the gift of the Son of God coming to our planet to sacrifice His life for us - for me. Now that is LOVE. 


 12 x 12 acrylic on cradled panel



Not only do I want to express the gift of Jesus' birth at Christmas time, but also the idea that the gift comes down from above, and that it is the expression of true Love. The series I am working on is the Fruit of the Spirit from Galatians 5:22 - 23, and the very first sign of a life dedicated to Him is love. Galatians 5:22-23 (New American Standard Bible) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. I want to be full and spilling over with that kind of Love. 

 

Comments