Playing Around

Playing Around
Today I am just spending a lot of time playing in my studio, and it has been a blast! After running a lot of errands, I was fighting with a large painting on my easel, working on a 'study' for said painting, and I decided to use up some of the paint in play time!  Here is one of the results, 'Playing Around'. (Get it?)


Yesterday I was reading in one of the books I got from my son for Christmas. (I got 5 great books from him and from my husband, and have started reading a couple of them.) This book is The Weight of Glory by C. S. Lewis, a collection of some of his speeches and/or essays. 

I have really been surprised how some of the books I got have tied in with my pursuit of learning to paint. In the essay titled 'Learning in War Time' in this book, I learned a lot, in spite of not being part of WWII as Lewis and his readers were. Here is one quote that I really enjoyed from this essay. 

"I mean the pursuit of knowledge and beauty, in a sense, for their own sake, but in a sense which does not exclude their being for God's sake. An appetite for these things exists in the human mind, and God makes no appetite in vain. We can therefore pursue knowledge as such, and beauty as such, in the sure confidence that by so doing we are either advancing to the vision of God ourselves or indirectly helping others to do so." C. S. Lewis, 'Learning in War Time', the Weight of Glory

SOLD
8" x 10" acrylic on canvas panel


Comments