Alabaster Jar

Alabaster Jar
Happy New Year! I look forward to new adventures, new growth and learning, and new love for my family, my LORD, and His other children.

It is great to be back in the studio (and I think I say that every time I have been unable to paint for a while!), and I am excited to be participating in Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 painting challenge again! 

I have had a really tough time choosing a theme for this challenge, and I also do not expect to be able to do all 30 paintings, but I am off and running today. :) 

 This painting is based on Mark 14:3 (AMP) "And while He was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper, as He was reclining, a woman came with an alabaster jar of ointment (perfume) of pure nard, very costly and precious; and she broke the jar and poured [the perfume] over His head."

I love to think about the costly, lavish gift given by a lowly (in that culture) woman. I like that she poured it all out, breaking the jar and saving none. I hope to emulate her actions, pouring out my life and my treasure for HIM. 

8" x 10" acrylic on watercolor paper, mounted on foam board and framed to 11" x 14"

Contact me to purchase. 

Comments