Enclosed

Enclosed
Today, once again, I am snowed in. It has been an interesting week - winter weather is definitely here. The thing is, it always seems to arrive when my husband is out of the country! (Not to worry, though. My son is taking care of digging me out!)

My dear husband is in Honduras on a mission trip. He loves to go, and I have loved the uninterrupted time in the studio, but I am SO READY for him to be home again!



This morning I enjoyed some time reading my Bible, and one of the passages that I was focussed on is Psalm 139:4-6 (NASB) Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O Lord, You know it all.
You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it. 

I know that sometimes the wording in this particular translation can seem awkward, but I love it. I think of being 'enclosed behind and before' like a hug. I know there are other significant meanings, but this is one that often strikes me.

SOLD
8" x 10"  acrylic on watercolor paper



Comments

  1. I love this! I keep going back to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. I struggled with keeping the figure the way I wanted it, but I love the concept and feel of this one, too!

      Delete

Post a Comment