Answer Me

Answer Me
Today is Day 7 of the painting challenge, and I have managed to do 4 paintings so far this month - more than I had thought I would be able to do at the beginning of this year! Of course, it doesn't hurt to be 'weathered in', to use an aviation term my dad used to use. :)

'Answer Me' is done with modeling paste and acrylics in an effort to express thoughts about the foundations of life on earth, and of the spiritual reality that is surrounding and supporting it. I know. Pretty abstract. I want to convey the strength that is there, behind the faulty, man made structure. The bigger truth. 

A passage that added to my thoughts this morning was Micah 6:2-3 (ESV)
Hear, you mountains, the indictment of the Lord,
    and you enduring foundations of the earth,
for the Lord has an indictment against his people,
    and he will contend with Israel.
“O my people, what have I done to you?
    How have I wearied you? Answer me!

I wish I knew how to say in words how these thoughts connect, but I will have to hope that my painting says more than I can! Anyway, I love that, although the LORD has done so much for HIS people, and they have turned their backs, HE still loves and pursues them. And me. HE loves me. I love HIM so much, and HE is the foundation of my life, even if all else should crumble. 


5" x 5" mixed media (acrylic)  on watercolor paper



Comments