Covered

Covered
As I get back into my studio again, I have painted an image that is deeply personal and meaningful to me - particularly today. 

Circumstances this morning led to deep introspection as I spent time in prayer and Bible reading. I read quite a few passages, and I want to respond. Again today, I will need to let the painting say a lot of what I don't have words for.

First, I left the torn edges of the watercolor paper in the photo intentionally, because I feel that they help express the meaning of the entire painting. (Won't that be fun to frame! :) )

It is a very simple painting, a simple composition (sometimes called portrait composition), and a simple color scheme. 

There are wandering sgraffito marks on most of the surrounding area of the main figure. 

Each of those things was chosen with the intent to communicate, and I hope that some of the language of my soul is communicated here as well. 

SOLD
8" x 10"  acrylic on watercolor paper

Leave comment or contact me directly  to purchase.
 
By the way, I hope to be able to keep up a little better with the 30 in 30 painting challenge from here on out! I am just a little jealous of all the artists who have been able to be dedicated to pursuing painting each day this month. 

Comments