Nahum

Nahum
Today I had the GREAT priviledge of painting with my Lovely Studio Companion, and helping her attempt a painting of her own. (She doesn't paint, nor consider herself an artist. She usually does crafts while I paint.) What a treat to share something I love so much with someone I love so much! 

As I read Nahum this morning, I felt almost like I was reading the description of a painting! Well, an abstract painting, of course! I was strongly influenced by the idea of the LORD tearing off shackles of oppression, of HIS jealous care of his people, (to whom HE is a stronghold), and then the colorful image of the enemies dashing around in confusion. 



Nahum 1:2 NASB 
2 A jealous and avenging God is the Lord;
The Lord is avenging and wrathful.
The Lord takes vengeance on His adversaries,
And He reserves wrath for His enemies.
3 The Lord is slow to anger and great in power...

7 The Lord is good,
A stronghold in the day of trouble,
And He knows those who take refuge in Him.

13 “So now, I will break his yoke bar from upon you,
And I will tear off your shackles.”

2:3 The shields of his mighty men are colored red,
The warriors are dressed in scarlet,
The chariots are enveloped in flashing steel...

4 The chariots race madly in the streets,
They rush wildly in the squares,
Their appearance is like torches,
They dash to and fro like lightning flashes.

16" x 20"  acrylic heavy-body paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper


Comments