Oak Tree

Oak Tree


 This morning I painted a second in this small series of my favorite trees. These are specific trees that I love, too, not just something made up or googled. Today I am offering this oak tree that we see on our way to town. This tree has to be more than a hundred years old, and I have actually painted it before, as it appeared in the winter. 

6" x 6"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas

This lovely old tree is on property that looks to be owned by a business. Thankfully, there is a parking lot right next to it where we can pull up to take photos without trespassing or bothering anyone. It looks to me like it is a healthy tree, and I hope that it lives longer than I do! My Beloved Husband and I have talked about what all this tree has 'seen'. He was born in this area, and would have passed it with his parents before he was even in elementary school. When I first was dating him and visiting his family here, the tree was here, and already a big old tree. The tree was probably already there before the highway or the nearby airport were there. 



Somehow, the stability and perseverance shown in the lifespan of this tree remind me of the foundational truth of this verse from the New Testament. Romans 8:37-39 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

One more of these tree paintings is in the works, so keep your eyes open for it!

Comments