Pop-up Storms

Pop-up Storms

 Last night, my Beloved Husband and I invited a friend to join us for pizza and ice cream, and then to work on a project that has been too long delayed. What a pleasant evening we had together! It has been good to be reconnecting with friends and doing "normal" things again. After not long enough sitting and visiting over supper, the three of us tore into the project at hand, which is still in progress. When we came to a standstill, we started home, and you should have seen the beautiful skies! There were pop-up storms here and there, and with the sun setting, the contrasts of light and shadow and the reflected color in the clouds was spectacular. Of course my Beloved Husband pulled over so that I could take a few photos. 

11" x 14"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Ready to frame

My Bible reading this morning started out in Psalm 77, and I found so much there that I stayed in that chapter the whole time. Part of the psalm spoke so deeply to me about things I have been wrestling with for another painting. (I blogged about that painting here, and this painting is serving as a study, helping me work out some of the details for that one.) Let me share a few verses that brought pictures to my mind. 

Psalm 77:17-19 The clouds poured out water;
The skies sounded out;
Your arrows flashed here and there.
The sound of Your thunder was in the whirlwind;
The lightning lit up the world;
The earth trembled and shook.
Your way was in the sea
And Your paths in the mighty waters,
And Your footprints were not known.

Maybe in this painting, which is much more beautiful in real life, you can feel some of the emotion I am working through. And maybe you can see the thunderstorms we saw last night, which were much more beautiful in real life. 

Coram Deo. 

Comments