Some Housekeeping, of sorts

The Wordless Book
I am going to do a bit of 'housekeeping' with my blog post today, since there are quite a few things to update you on!

First, I want to show you this framed group of paintings that I painted last December. (Please ignore the carpet showing around the edges!) Do you remember this group? Though the paintings were originally released individually, they are now permanently mounted and framed.  Here are links to each of the five parts of this piece:

This piece is now available on my website. 

Set of 5 paintings, 5" x 7" each, mounted and framed to 12.25" x 30"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper

Every Good Gift




Here is the second in this newsy update: This painting, Every Good Gift, has won a couple of awards, including First Prize in paintings at the 92 County Art Show, the statewide contest and juried exhibition at the Honeywell Center Clark Gallery in Wabash, IN. It is currently exhibited in the Clark Gallery and will be there through February 15. 

It also received notice in an online competition, winning top 15% recognition in the huge BoldBrush painting competition. I do love this painting, and am so excited about these awards! 


Next up, I wanted to let you know that I have updated my bio on my website, and I am trying to decide whether the whole site needs a facelift! I have been "attending" some online classes for artists that cover everything from motivation to marketing, and a lot more besides. It has been helping me to reevaluate my time spent on each part of my online presence and I have been working on parameters and changes that may be helpful for the long haul. 

Here is part of my new bio as it appears on my website: "My work is an invitation to share the most hopeful, comforting, beautiful, stable, inspiring part of my life - the best part. I want my paintings to draw you like a hole in the overcast that allows the brilliant beams of the sunset to break through. My art invites you to see through a breach in the gray, mundane into the brilliance and beauty of the Creator God, Father of Jesus Christ." To see the entire bio page on my website, click here

Come Before Winter, framed


You might remember this painting, Come Before Winter, from earlier this year. The 5" x 7" center piece of the painting is now permanently mounted to an 8" x 10" substrate and can be framed as shown here. This painting and substrate are both heavyweight Fabriano watercolor paper that has been textured and prepared for framing. 

And, in case you think I am all only about the administrative parts of my work lately, you should know that I have been working on a large painting and several smaller ones that I plan to release starting next week. As I work through how to best use my time in and out of the studio, I would like to encourage you to sign up for "art alerts" (on my website at the bottom right hand corner of each page). 

I would like to close this bulky blog post with this passage from the Old Testament that has meant a lot to me this week: 

Numbers 6:24-26
The Lord bless you, and keep you;
The Lord cause His face to shine on you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His face to you,
And give you peace.

Comments