I Heart You

I Heart You

As we sat at the supper table the other night, my Beloved Husband gave me a sideways look when I took out my phone and shot a photo of a jar of mostly dead flowers that were sitting in front of me. "It's inspiration," I told him. 

SOLD
4" x 4"
Painted with the finest quality heavy-body acrylic paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
The painting is heavily textured and has a lot of iridescent accents. 
Ready to frame

Somehow the shape of those hanging heads made me want to grab a sketchbook... maybe I will do that yet! I wonder what they would look like in a sketch. 



I want to share a few quotes with you:

“Look at space, the face of a baby, or the indefinable glory of a flower. . . . We deny God when we deny the power of beauty and fail to include that language in our spaces of worship...” 
Roberta Ahmanson, Christianity Today article on Christ Chapel

"For they (art and music) are not the thing itself; they are only the scent of a flower we have not found, the echo of a tune we have not heard, news from a country we have never yet visited." 
C. S. Lewis, Weight of Glory

"An encounter with beauty can show us what could be, and can make us rightly dissatisfied with the way things are." 
pp. 55-56, Culture Care, Makoto Fujimura

Comments