Beauty of Holiness Diptych - part A and b

This diptych has been finished for several days, and I have been struggling to find the words to put with it. I know what it is about. I "saw" the painting before I did it. But I cannot find the words to explain. 

20" x 20"
Painted with artist quality heavy-body acrylic paint on 1.5” deep gallery wrapped canvas


One morning a couple of weeks ago, I glanced over to the gallery wall in my living room, and saw two of my paintings hanging next to each other that really spurred my creativity. One of them was a textured golden painting, and the other was a rich blue. I loved how the two looked together, and it "painted a picture" in my mind. 

This pair of paintings is loaded with texture and lots of shades of shimmering gold paint. It turned out beautifully, and it expresses what I had hoped. But, as I said, I am struggling to find the words to express it! 



My thoughts as I worked on these paintings focused on holiness, on all good gifts coming down from heaven, on the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist, and on the veil being torn in the temple when Jesus died on the cross. I feel that the blue represents holiness, inspiration, trust, faith, and heaven. The gold represents glory, grandeur,  divinity. 

Psalm 29:1-2  Ascribe to the Lord, O sons of the mighty, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Give to the Lord the glory due to His name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness or in holy array.

Psalm 96:9 O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness; tremble before and reverently fear Him, all the earth.

1 Chronicles 16:27-29 Honor and majesty are [found] in His presence; strength and joy are [found] in His sanctuary. Ascribe to the Lord, you families of the peoples, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength, Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name. Bring an offering and come before Him; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness and in holy array.

Comments