Well Done ACEO

Well Done ACEO
Today's Bible reading was full of convicting passages for me. I read from the New Testament where Jesus distinguishes between people who are merely religious, and those who truly follow Him. I also read in the Psalms about the man who God allows to come near to Himself. In both places, I found enough to call me to prayer and contemplation. 

This past weekend was great for three of the four of us in our family. One has successfully sold property to raise funds for grad school, one is celebrating a new living situation, and I am looking forward with hope to medical procedures which may alleviate the pain I have been enduring for months. These are such great blessings! 

But one of us is facing a huge challenge and frustration at work. In the midst of a large and expensive project with many facets and interconnecting parts, a key piece has failed. Now a new solution has to be found, and it has to fit into a tight timeline, too. 


2.5" x 3.5" ACEO
Painted with acrylic heavy-body paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper

Frame available for additional cost - contact me for details

It has struck me that each of us is in a situation that is precisely fitting to our personalities - our gifts or talents. For today, it is encouragement for three and challenge for one, but for each it is in an area of life which calls us to walk closer with our Heavenly Father. He has gifted each of us in different ways, and He is allowing us to choose to offer these abilities back to Him, whether in delightful circumstances, or in challenging ones. 

The ACEO is multi-colored and full of contrast and movement. The circles that are flowing down are actually iridescent, which (as you might know) I often use to indicate God's presence or His touch. I love how this bright and cheerful little reminder encourages me to offer my talent - my personality and abilities - to my Heavenly Father. Someday, I want Him to be able to say to me the same that was said in the parable in Matthew 25 to the servant who had invested his abilities for the benefit of the Master.

Matthew 25:21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’

Comments