Abstract 027

Abstract 027
When I travel, I usually take a different Bible with me than I use at home. I am travelling as I write this post, and this morning's reading was in the Psalms, and I am reading from my tiny copy of the Message version of the Bible. Sometimes it is extra tough to concentrate when I am on the road (don't worry - I am not literally on the road!), and it started out that way today, too. But the Message has been translated into 'contemporary English' by a poet, and the Psalms are ancient poems, so the wording is particularly beautiful. 

6" x 6"
Painted with acrylic heavy-body paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper

Ready to frame

Just look at this passage!

Psalm 21:5-6 the Message
You lifted him high and bright as a cumulus cloud,
    then dressed him in rainbow colors.
You pile blessings on him;
   you make him glad when you smile.

As an artist, and an avid sky watcher, this imagery is just stunning. Today's little abstract painting reminds me of clouds and sky watching, rain, rainbows, and light and shadow. I especially like the value changes, and the motion in this one.

Comments