Cheery Little Landscape

Cheery Little Landscape
Often when I am "fighting with" large paintings in my studio, it is a pleasant break to paint a little, colorful work just for the joy of it. I really do love playing with color, texture, contrast and composition. I love to make a little cheerful piece that would be enough to brighten my day even in the tiniest room! 

6" x 6" 
Painted with acrylic heavy-body paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper

Actually, I am learning, too, how to use a new color that I purchased entirely by accident! It is a color that I would have thought I would have little or no use for, but I am learning that it is, in fact, really handy at times. It does actually make me wonder how often I miss out on something special or helpful just because I am not watching for it. It is a delightful "happy accident". 

Here is a verse that comes to mind with this little cutie. 
Proverbs 17:22 (ESV) A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.


Comments