Psalm 25 Landscape

Psalm 25 Landscape

"But you have painted red ones that I like before," he said, when I told my son that THIS is the red painting he looked at yesterday. "I just can't do red," I told him. Yesterday this painting was almost entirely shades of red in a purely abstract pattern that I was working on. The composition was taken from a portion of another of my paintings. I do often work that way, and I love seeing what I can do with those older ideas. But this 'red' painting was just "crying out to me" to become an abstracted landscape! 


9" x 12"
Painted with acrylic heavy-body paint on acid-free, heavy weight Fabriano watercolor paper
Click here to view on my website. 

I have been watching an instructional video for abstract painting, and one of the (many) things that really struck me was the teacher's statement that she wanted to discover what she really loved, and that she discovered that it was abstract painting. I feel that way too! I love the freedom of expression that comes with painting abstracts. And I also really love abstracted landscapes. I find that my pinterest board of art has a lot of abstract landscapes, and I still remember one that kept me awake for most of the night on the day I first saw it - just because I found it so beautiful. 

This morning in my Bible reading, I was rereading Psalm 25. I have read it for several mornings just because I find it so beautiful. Here is one of the verses I loved. 

Psalm 25:14 The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him,
 and he makes known to them his covenant.

Comments