Glenna, Too

Glenna, Too
First off today, before I write about this painting, I want to welcome my new newsletter subscribers, and try to help those of you who have been around for awhile overcome the shock of hearing from me more than once a year! Since I have not done well at consistently getting my newsletter written, I have decided to connect it with my blog posts. At this point, an email will go out whenever I post on my blog. If you would like to receive email less frequently, but would still like to be on the list, please contact me! I haven't figured out all the tricks of the trade yet, but I want to work with you on that. (At some point, I hope to get the automatic scheduling worked out, but that might be a little while!)



6" x 6" 
Painted with Golden Open Acrylic paint on Art Bite panel

This is the second painting I have posted of my Grandmother, Glenna. As I mentioned before, I have photos of her that were taken when she was young, and I love how they remind me of the Grandma I remember from when I was preschool age. One of the things I remember is staying with her (maybe when one of my siblings was born?) and having tea with lemon and honey for a sore throat, and wearing bread bags over my shoes so that I could get them into my 'galoshes'. I also remember her playing 'gas station' with us when we were a little older and were riding our bikes. She would fill 'em up for us every time we came by. 


I am still on a steep learning curve with these Golden Open Acrylics. It just seems to come off of my brush in a different way than I expect, and it surprises me when it is still wet after it has been on the substrate for a while. I think I will really like this paint for certain applications as I get more familiar with it and know what to expect from it. It is challenging, and I love how it keeps me on my creative toes to keep working with it!


I hope you have great memories of times with your loved ones like I have, and I hope you can take the time today to build some with someone for the future. I am so thankful for the sweet memories, and again am reminded of the same verse from the Bible that I thought about last time I painted my grandmother.

Psalm 16:6 "The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me."




Comments